Who we are
At Muslim Care, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our web site. In particular, we want you to know that we will never sell your data and we promise to keep your details safe and secure.
This Privacy Notice provides detailed information on when and why we collect your personal information, how we use it, the limited conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
Types of data we collect
When someone visits www.muslimcare.org we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Mailing Lists, Pledge Forms and Gift Aid
As part of commitment to keep donors informed of the projects we run, we collect personal information. We use that information only for the following reasons:
- To tell you about projects you’ve asked us to keep you informed about;
- To invite you to support other projects that we feel may be of interest to you;
- To contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; and
- To check our records are correct.
We will never sell or trade email lists with any other organisation or business.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal information will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared internally within our charity in order to support a project you have donated towards or for purposes connected with our operations. We will only share your personal information with third parties with your consent.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal information which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that we provide your personal information and where possible, to transmit that information directly to another data controller;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal information, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal information where applicable; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We aim to keep data no longer than is necessary. Specifically, we retain data while it is still current; and data related to ceases products or services for up to 3 years after the calendar year to which they relate.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights please email email@example.com.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email found at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or writing to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This Privacy Notice was last updated on 23 April 2018.